The K.K.L.J.R. n° 44, Imperial-King Regiment of Line Infantry n° 44 was raised on 1744 in Milano and hinterland,
at time Austrian Empire (or better: Holy Roman Empire), for garrison service at castle of Milano, Trezzo d'Adda and
Lecco; but after few months was engaged in the battle of Austrian Succession War.
The Only Austrian infantry regiment with italian personnel, it was engaged in the campaigns against French-
revoluctionary and Napoleonian,fighting at Loano, Novi, Eggmühl, Aspern-Essling, Wagram and other.
The colonel-owner of regiment from 1778 to 1801 was the Prince Belgiojoso, from 1801 the Field-marshal
K.K.L.J.R. n° 44 now