AliasCrony 2.2.0 (FAT)
Secure online registration
AliasCrony is the ultimate alias manager. It has several features:
AliasCrony is Internet Config and Navigation Manager aware, Appearance Savvy and requires at least System Seven to run.
- Since aliases of applications lose the capability to have files dropped on, when the original is on a different volume, AliasCrony can create SuperAlias, a new alias kind, having drag capability always active.
- It can create aliases or SuperAliases and put them into specific predefined folders, when you're using the Drag&Drop mode. From its menus, instead, you can select the destination folders by using a speedy way.
- It can update aliases (also as SuperAliases) on the fly or else through its menus.
- It can add, to aliases, some useful custom icon, freeing a bit of space on desktop (as before: you can add the custom icon on the fly or else by using the proper menu).
- You may configure any action of above through preferences and change them with one keystroke before creating aliases or SuperAliases .
- It can scan all on-line volumes to create lists of:
- attached aliases,
- unattached aliases,
- aliases and originals on different volumes.
- It can scan also individual folders-disks.
The created lists return useful infos about the aliases found, moreover, from these lists, AliasCrony can do several actions:
- retrieves and shows aliases and originals.
- links/updates/deletes/moves aliases.
- shows the Finder's Info window, about aliases and originals.
- updates aliases of applications to SuperAliases.
- trashs the whole aliases list.
What's new in 2.2.0 version
Hardware and software requirements
- More preset destination folders.
- More infos on list windows.
- Keyboard navigable lists.
- Windows position saving.
- Improved Internet menu.
- Navigation Manager aware.
- Improved Modal Dialog filters.
- Linked with Internet Config 2.0.
- Linked with MoreFiles 1.4.9.
- Linked with Appearance SDK 1.03.
- Recompiled with Interfaces-Libraries 3.2.
- Recompiled by using the newest compiler.
- Addresses update.
- Better error checking.
- Better error infos.
- Better alerts.
- Code optimized for better performances.
- Removed registration form from About Box.
- Added Registrations folder.
- Added Support folder.
- All code revisited.
AliasCrony should work on any Macintosh with a minimum of System 7. It's accelerated for PowerPC. If you have the Appearance Manager and/or same the Navigation Manager, they will be taken advantage of. Some menu items may be disabled if you don't have Internet Config 2.0 installed (only on PowerMac).
Visitors of this Site:
The ZDNet's AliasCrony page
Other AliasCrony pages:
The AliasCrony page on FileDudes.